The Screengolfers team recently discovered a game using the rules of Golf and applying them directly to the Pub culture. We all know that Golf and Pubs are closely related. It’s not a secret that Golf was created by the Scottish, and we can all guess the first discussion about it happened in a pub 😉
With that in mind, some geniuses (or not) have combined the best of both worlds into a simple game called Pub Golf (also called bar golf)! So what is it?
What is pub golf and how do you play the game?
Imagine a game where you can drink your way through your favorite pubs and still win. That’s pub golf!
The rules are simple:
- Visit a series of pubs.
- Drink a designated drink at each pub.
- Finish each drink in as few sips/gulps as possible.
Each pub is assigned a par, the number of sips/gulps it should take to finish the drink. You’re under par if you complete a drink in fewer sips/gulps than the par. You’re over par if you chug a glass in more sips/gulps than the par.
The player with the lowest score at the end of the game wins.
A social experience
But pub golf is more than just a drinking game. It’s a social experience, a chance to explore local pubs and try new drinks with your friends. It’s also a challenge, testing your drinking skills and ability to hold your liquor.
So, if you’re looking for a fun way to drink, pub golf is the game for you. Here are a few tips to help you win:
- Choose your drinks wisely. Some drinks, like pints of beer, are easier to drink quickly than others, like cocktails.
- Practice your chugging skills. The faster you can drink, the better your score will be.
- Don’t be afraid to take risks. Go for it if you can finish a drink in fewer sips/gulps than the par!
- And most importantly, have fun! Pub golf is a game, so don’t take it too seriously.
Variations of Pub Golf
Here are a few entertaining variations on the basic pub golf rules:
- Shot golf: Players drink shots at each pub instead of pints. This makes the game much faster-paced and more challenging.
- Beer pong golf: Players play beer pong at each pub. If they make a cup, they finish their drink. If they miss a cup, they take a penalty sip/gulp.
- Pub crawl golf: Players visit several pubs in a row without stopping. This makes the game more challenging and adds to the excitement.
So whether you’re looking for a casual night out with friends or a competitive drinking challenge, pub golf is the game for you. Just remember to pace yourself and have fun!
Dont't drive drunk. Drink responsibly.
If you like pub golf, you might be interested in indoor golf. Have you heard of Screen golfers?
If you're looking for a laid-back, social and fun activity to do just like pub golf, indoor golf might be your next best friend. If you merge the experience of golf with the ambiance of a bar, you get virtual golf.
However, it's not always easy to find the best and nearest venues.
Here comes screengolfers.com! Search instantly among over 800 public golf simulators in 48 states and hundreds of cities in the USA. We regularly add more venues, locations and features, so stay tuned.