The Screengolfers team recently discovered a game using the rules of Golf and applying them directly to the Pub culture. We all know that Golf and Pubs are closely related. It’s not a secret that Golf was created by the Scottish, and we can all guess the first discussion about it happened in a pub 😉
With that in mind, some geniuses (or not) have combined the best of both worlds into a simple game called Pub Golf (also called bar golf)! So what is it?
What is pub golf and how do you play the game?
Imagine a game where you can drink your way through your favorite pubs and still win. That’s pub golf!
The rules are simple:
- Visit a series of pubs.
- Drink a designated drink at each pub.
- Finish each drink in as few sips/gulps as possible.
Each pub is assigned a par, the number of sips/gulps it should take to finish the drink. You’re under par if you complete a drink in fewer sips/gulps than the par. You’re over par if you chug a glass in more sips/gulps than the par.
The player with the lowest score at the end of the game wins.
A social experience
But pub golf is more than just a drinking game. It’s a social experience, a chance to explore local pubs and try new drinks with your friends. It’s also a challenge, testing your drinking skills and ability to hold your liquor.
So, if you’re looking for a fun way to drink, pub golf is the game for you. Here are a few tips to help you win:
- Choose your drinks wisely. Some drinks, like pints of beer, are easier to drink quickly than others, like cocktails.
- Practice your chugging skills. The faster you can drink, the better your score will be.
- Don’t be afraid to take risks. Go for it if you can finish a drink in fewer sips/gulps than the par!
- And most importantly, have fun! Pub golf is a game, so don’t take it too seriously.
Variations of Pub Golf
Here are a few entertaining variations on the basic pub golf rules:
- Shot golf: Players drink shots at each pub instead of pints. This makes the game much faster-paced and more challenging.
- Beer pong golf: Players play beer pong at each pub. If they make a cup, they finish their drink. If they miss a cup, they take a penalty sip/gulp.
- Pub crawl golf: Players visit several pubs in a row without stopping. This makes the game more challenging and adds to the excitement.
So whether you’re looking for a casual night out with friends or a competitive drinking challenge, pub golf is the game for you. Just remember to pace yourself and have fun!
Dont't drive drunk. Drink responsibly.